MICHELLE DITIZIO BALLEW
POSITION: Information Technology Manager, Graduate Engineer and Director
Michelle is currently the firm’s Systems Information Manager and is responsible for evaluating and procuring the firm’s hardware and software. She is proficient in the use of the firm’s administrative, cad and analytical software. She also serves as the CAD and BIM operator, network administrator and webmaster. Michelle joined Christy/Cobb in 1986 as a project engineer responsible for structural design of commercial, residential and industrial projects.
Michelle’s experience prior to joining Christy/Cobb, Inc. included working with a computer analysis group specializing in nuclear projects for United Engineers and Contractors, Inc. in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and establishing a central computer center for on-site engineers at Seabrook Nuclear Station in New Hampshire. She later joined Control Data Corporation in Boston as a Technical Applications Representative with responsibilities ranging from installation of CADD systems, on-site customer training, and continued customer support.
As a Director, Michelle serves as the Secretary and Treasurer.
EDUCATION: Drexel University, B.S.C.E.
- Society of Women Engineers
- 2018-2019 Communications Chair and Webmaster
- 2017-18 Section President
- 2016-17 Section Representative and Outreach Committee
- 2003 National Conference Treasurer
- 2003 College of Fellows
- 1994-1996 Region Director and National Board of Directors
- 1987 Charter Member Birmingham Section
- Engineering Council of Birmingham
- 2018-2019 SWE Representative and Webmaster
- 2002 Distinguished Service Award
- 2000 Past President
HONORS AND AWARDS:
- Girls Scouts of North Central Alabama - 2011 Women of Distinction
- SWE - 2003 College of Fellows
- ECOB - 2002 Distinquished Service Award